At FLOW Tolling we are committed to ensuring the privacy of personal information about you.
This privacy statement details how we handle and protect personal information.
The information we collect will depend on what services we provide to you and may include:
- your name;
- your current and previous addresses;
- your contact details;
- your e-mail address;
- your bank account or credit card details;
- your driver’s licence number;
- your vehicle registration details, including vehicle registration number, make and model details;
- when you are using a toll road, details such as the location of your vehicle, the direction your vehicle was heading and an image of your vehicle; and
- details of your services with us (including account status).
If you choose not to provide certain information to us, we may not be able to provide you with some of our services.
You may need to provide us with information about others (eg. your company employees). In this instance, it is your responsibility to tell them that you are providing information to us and that they may access information held by us, as set out below.
Depending on the services we provide to you, we may collect information about you:
- directly from you when you provide information to us (eg. by phone or through our website);
- from third parties, including our related companies and credit reporting agencies;
- from publicly available information about you;
- using technology located on the CLEM7 or Go Between Bridge, for example, when your vehicle passes through the electronic toll collection point along a toll road;
- when you visit our website, as set out below; and
- when required or allowed by law (for example, under the Transport Infrastructure Act 1994 (QLD)).
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use information about you to:
- verify your identity;
- open a FLOW Tolling account for you;
- provide services to you;
- administer and manage services provided to you, including charging, billing, account management and debt collection;
- provide you with news and information, as well as promote and market to you products, services, and special offers made available by us (unless you ask us not to);
- conduct relevant and appropriate checks for creditworthiness and for fraud;
- generate records and reports based on your use of our services, such as records of your journey and itineraries, patterns of regular passages and account payment history;
- conduct research about our products and services and traffic conditions;
- develop products and services;
- respond to any specific requests you may make of us; and
- audit and monitor the services we provide.
We may disclose information about you to:
- your authorised representatives;
- credit-reporting and fraud agencies;
- our agents, contractors or third party service providers to enable them to provide administrative and other services for us;
- others where the disclosure is required by law, for example to government agencies and regulatory bodies as part of our statutory obligations, or for law enforcement purposes;
- research institutions and traffic management authorities, for research and study purposes (however we will de-identify any personal information before we do this);
- government and other such regulatory bodies, as required or allowed by law;
- related companies within the FLOW Tolling and RiverCity Motorway Group of companies for marketing purposes; and
- organisations that acquire all or part of our assets or businesses.
Each time you visit a FLOW website, our web servers may collect certain information for statistical purposes, including:
- your IP address;
- the number of users who visit the website;
- the date and time of each visit;
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded; and
- the type of browser used.
We use (and may engage third parties to use) this information to help improve and tailor its websites, and to select advertisements that may be displayed to you on the FLOW websites.
- determine whether you have previously used the FLOW websites;
- identify the pages you have accessed;
- ensure secure online transactions; and
- facilitate administration of the site.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies but you may configure your browser not to accept cookies. If you set your browser to reject cookies you may not be able to make full use of the FLOW websites.
The FLOW websites may contain links to the websites of third parties. If you access those third party websites they may collect information about you. You will need to contact them to ascertain their privacy standards. We are not responsible for the content or use of third party websites.
ACCESS & CORRECTION
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information about you that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You may request access to personal information that we hold about you. If there is an error with our information or our information is incomplete, you can advise us and we will, if needed, correct or add information.
We will not charge you a fee for your access request but may charge you the reasonable cost of processing your request. If you would like to request access to the information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details provided below).
If you have a complaint about our treatment of your privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details provided above). Our Privacy Officer will investigate your complaint and endeavour to resolve any issue to your satisfaction.
If we do not adequately answer your concerns, you have the right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner can be contacted by telephone on 1300 363 992.
If you have any questions relating to this privacy statement please contact our
Telephone number: 61 7 3046 4006
This privacy statement is made on behalf of FLOW Tolling Pty Ltd (ABN 16 134 967 356). All references to “FLOW Tolling”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy are references to FLOW Tolling and its related bodies corporate.
CLEM7, FLOW and FLOW Tolling are trademarks of RiverCity Motorway Pty Ltd.